Q: What are your check-in and check-out times?
A: Check-in is 3:00 p.m. and Check-out is 11:00 a.m. If you need to arrange for early check in or late check out, we are happy to accommodate as best we can.
Q: I will be traveling late. How late can I check in?
A: We keep our front lobby open until 10:00 (weekdays) and 11:00 (weekends). If you will be traveling later than that, give us a call so we can arrange to stay up for your arrival.
Q: How close are you to downtown Eagle River?
A: We are 2.5 miles north of the center of town on Hwy 45 N.
Q: How far are the boat launches from the Lodge?
A: There are a lot in the area! To get on the Eagle River Chain, there are three boat launches within 2 miles of us. Two are just north of us on Chain O Lakes Rd: a paved boat launch with no parking ½ mile away and a paved boat launch with parking 2 miles away. The third is down town Eagle River at the T-docks.
Q: Do you allow smoking in the rooms?
A: No. Per State Statute 101.123 Wisconsin Act 12, smoking is not allowed in the Hiawatha Lodge. We do provide ash receptacles outside where smokers are welcome to smoke!
Q: Is there a fine if I smoke in a guest room?
A: Yes, there is. We pride ourselves on our clean and fresh rooms! If a guest smokes indoors, they will receive a $50 cleaning fine in addition to the state-mandated fine of up to $250.
Q: Do you allow pets?
A: We welcome most dogs; however, we do charge for doggie guests. The fee covers the extra cleaning time we invest after an animal guest has been in a room. We cannot allow cats. Please see our pet policy and fee information below. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Pet policy is limited to canines. All other pets staying at Hiawatha must be pre-approved.
- Pets must be controlled at all times in the public areas. They must be leashed or held by individual responsible for the animal. There are guests that are allergic or scared of even the nicest dogs. We have a responsibility to make this a wonderful environment for everyone. Please assist us in our efforts.
- The preferred location for doggie doo is on the front lawn, to the left of the playground in the tall grassy area. Please be sure to clean up after your dog.
- Pets are not allowed to roam free on the outside of the property. See #2.
- Do not leave pets unattended in your rooms. Pets left in room unattended are in violation of our pet policy. Guests will receive one courtesy call and if situation is not remedied in a timely manner guests will be required to leave the property with no refund. In the event you cannot take your pet with you please contact front desk. There are several ways we may assist you.
- Due to the extra cleaning involved, there is a $10 per pet a night charge for guests with pets (If your pet(s) is(are) roaming between two adjoining rooms the charge applies for each room).
- Owners are responsible for any damage to property due to their pet.
Q: Do you have allergen free rooms?
A: Yes. While we cannot sequester our rooms from the great outdoors, we do have a block of rooms where pet guests are not allowed.
Q: You say you provide a continental breakfast. What does that include?
A: For beverages, we provide coffee, milk, juice, tea, & hot chocolate. Our breakfast food items usually include bagels, English muffins, instant oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, donuts and/or cinnamon rolls.
Q: When is your continental breakfast available?
A: Breakfast is served from 7:00 to 10:00 a.m. We make coffee all day.
Q: Are there refrigerators in your guest rooms?
A: Yes. There is a small fridge in every guest room.
Q: Are there microwaves in your guest rooms?
A: There is a microwave available for guest use in the lobby. We do not have microwaves in the guest rooms.
Q: Are there coffeemakers in your guest rooms?
A: We have a coffeemaker on at all times in the lobby. We do not have coffeemakers in the guest rooms.
Q: Do you have grills we can use for grilling out?
A: Yes. We have a large charcoal grill on our main deck, and it is available for guests to grill on at any time.
Q: Do you have a pool or hot tub?
Q: Do you really have an awesome 9’ x 18’ feet flat screen?
A: Yes, we do!
Q: What is the cost to rent the Media Center?
A: Rental fees are roughly $50/day. Group discounts available, contacts us for more information.